Monday, August 30, 2010

PBL Day 2...The Saga Continues...

For those of you who don't know the reference, The Saga Continues refers to the 1998 Wu-Tang Album, Wu-Tang Forever. It was a classic. With the first track called Triumph, it couldn't get much better.

Well, Day Two of the PBL ( Pure Ballers League) was great. It looked a little dismal for the first hour, but then at 7:50am, a guy in a red car drove by and said "Oh, I'll be right back." I waited for about 20 minutes and nobody came. As I was getting ready to go a guy in a white shirt and black jean shorts and white 1998 jordans came walking toward the court. He had a bit of a stomach, but I could tell he was a ball player. His name was Frank and he was about 40. We ended up playing a game of one on one and after that I told him about that guy who passed by. He said, "oh, that was me."

DSCN0142We ended up playing four games of one on one and a game of 21, then an older guy (45) came out to shoot around as we finished up. I hope to see folks again on Wednesday.

Be the change yall. Like Nike endorsing Ghandi. Just be it.

--Greg

No comments: